Audio Flight Phono (Trade-In)
Audia Flight’a highly acclaimed dual input phono preamp has set the standard for solid state phono preamplifier performance since it’s introduction in 2008. Now in it’s most refined iteration, the Flight Phono is distinguished by it’s separate power supply (styled to compliment the stylish chassis), dedicated input MM and/or MC preamplifier boards, high gain capability (74dB – maximum selection), and ultra low noise. The substantial chassis also shields all sections of the preamp and fully eliminates vibrations and resonance from the transformers. Simply put, the Flight Phono is “dead quiet.”
The Flight Phono preamp is based on Audia Flight’s current feedback philosophy which yields sonic speed and unparalleled accuracy. The input preamp boards are fully independent in order to provide for both MM or MC cartridges performance perfection. This decision for fully separate boards is simply driven by the unique electrical characteristics (and thus notably different circuit-wise) MM or MC cartridges have.
Functionally, the Flight Phono utilizes a “soft start” function allowing an internal logic/operational check and offset protection. Selectable mono and alternate RIAA settings are also incorporated, an important element in achieving the best sound. The mono selector sums the left and right channels together in the same manner as a mono cartridge would and will provide true mono sonic performance. A full compliment of input impedance loading completes the perfect design of the Flight Phono.
- Gain MC 64 dB + 10 dB (74 dB in total) / MM 44 dB + 10 dB (54 dB in total)
- Frequency Response (1Wrsm, -3db) 5Hz – 120KHz
- THD <0,05%
- S/N ratio >90dB “A” weighted
- RIAA Accuracy +/- 0,1 dB
- Channel Unbalance <0,04 dB
- Stereo Separation >95 dB @ 10 KHz
- MC Input Impedance from 7 ohm to 980 ohm in eight step plus a custom resistor value
- MM Input Impedance from 47pF to 600 pF in twelve step plus a custom capacitor value
- Output Impedance: All Outputs 500 ohm
- Phase Non inverted
- Maximum Consumption 65W
- Dimensions and Weight (WxHxD): 16.5 in. x 3.6 in. x 13,0 in.; 23.1 lbs.
- Shipping Dimensions and Weight (WxHxD): 22.5 in. x 10.6 in. x 22.5 in.; 28.6 lbs.